We started the day with the BBC morning news where they informed us it was hot! Europeans are very shocked by the heat of 30 degrees Celsius (high eighties). Sadly we had no bread at the cottage so before donkeys we must venture out to a bakery to secure some pastries!! But uncle John is not a morning person so instead uncle Ben must entertain himself with the Dutch translation of his favorite show. Bluey!
Filled with disappointment we drove to a WWII museum and monument that never closes. We arrived to the monument to find that it was closed… and boring.
So as any teenager does I reached for my phone and began to google. I found a sheep farm that was open and quickly informed the uncles that I had found entertainment. So we drove down country roads to the sheep (and stopped for a mini hike to a peace monument).
The sheep place was amazing, we were handed free baggies of seed to feed the animals and full access to explore the farm. I fed a ton of sheep and goats, it took a minute since the sheep spoke French but all animals know the universal language of a bag of treats shaking. There were sheep of all kinds and sizes and even some rabbits and chickens. Uncle John quickly befriended the chickens and some of the sheep.
![]() |
| Llama with buck teeth |
![]() |
| Fluffy Sheep I hand feed |
![]() |
| Cool Sheep |
We decided to go to a small WWII museum which was incredibly cool it had so many artifacts and a whole floor of Nazi artifacts which you rarely get to see and a bunch of weapons.
![]() |
| Knives |
So in lieu of a real dinner aunt Lulu and I had fair food while the uncles starved. I had some fried dough (pure sugar) and she had spring rolls and squid rings.
![]() |
| My “dinner” |
![]() |
| Gambling |
Kylie.








Comments
Post a Comment